Rules Governing Imported Dogs : KCP And Affiliated Clubs
Various unscrupulous persons sell dog as imported with fake pedigrees. Most of these sellers tell the buyers that the dogs have been imported from Thailand and Russia and they produce fake pedigrees claiming to have come from the Kennel Clubs of exporting countries. When KCP sends copies of these Pedigrees to Russia and Thailand for verification it is found that the pedigrees were fake. KCP do not register such dogs as pedigreed but will register them only as non-pedigreed dogs. Some of the owners who had spent lots of money to buy these dogs as IMPORTED were surprised when told that the pedigrees were fake and there was no proof that they were imported.
Rule of the thumb is that in Pakistan a dog will ONLY be considered as ‘Pedigreed’ if it is registered with KCP/GSDCP.
Buyers are advised to read following rules regarding imported dogs.
1. An imported dog must have import papers and custom clearance papers. If the seller cannot produce these documents, the dog MUST not be bought as imported because it will not be registered by the KCP.
2. All pedigreed dogs which are imported into Pakistan shall must be registered with KCP immediately, but not later than 6 months. After a delay of more than 6 months imported dog will be registered only as ‘Non-Pedigreed Pure Bred Dogs’.
3. All owners and exhibitors are advised that in case an imported dog does not acquire a KCP registration number, the dog will not be eligible to be exhibited at shows licensed under KCP rules and regulations.
4. Dogs registered with AKC (USA), The KC (UK), SV (Germany), AKU (Japan) and other KCP recognised member clubs may compete in shows licensed by the KCP with the parent club registration numbers for a period of six months ONLY on the bases of reciprocal agreement between the organisations.
5. Any imported pedigreed dog will be considered as non-pedigreed if it is not registered with KCP. Import pedigree is not a valid document until or unless it is verified by KCP from the issuing country. Hence, KCP registration is a MUST. In case of GSDs, GSDCP registration is a MUST.
6. Sample pedigrees of all Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI) member countries are available with KCP, to cross check any import pedigree if the dog is imported from some Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI) member country. Pedigree can be crossed check from non member countries also.
7. Buyers must understand that if they buy an imported pedigreed dog which is yet not registered with KCP, or with GSDCP in case of GSDs, pedigree of that dog can be fake. So any dog which is not registered with KCP/GSDCP shall not be bought from a non trusted breeder/source. If a dog’s arrival into Pakistan is more than 6 months old, it should never be bought as pedigreed and imported dog, because now it can not be registered with KCP/GSDCP as pedigreed dog even if it’s all documents are legal and valid.
8. An imported dog can ONLY be registered in the name of importer, whose name appears as owner on import pedigree and export documents. There after if the dog is sold, the ownership can be transferred to the next owner on a prescribed KCP form.
9. If a mated female is imported, which was mated following the breeding rules of exporting country different from the KCP rules, litter will be registered, provided there is a an FCI Export Pedigree and a valid Stud Certificate that the bitch was mated in exporting country. If it is a Rottweiler female then PRC/RCP will inspect the litter and the concerned documents and then forward approval of the litter registration to KCP. The reason for requirement of FCI Export Pedigree is that in some countries age is not a factor and local clubs issue pedigrees not consistent with FCI/ADRK rules that PRC/RCP follows.
10. If a mated rottweiler female is imported from a country whose national kennel club follows ADRK breeding rules then PRC/RCP will allow registration of the litter ONLY If the breeding was done according to ADRK rules which PRC/RCP follows. In that case Breeding age for females is 20 months and males 24 months. In some countries minimum age of breeding is not a factor. In that case An FCI Export Pedigree along with valid stud certificate will be needed for registration of the litter.
11. If a mated GSD female is imported from a country whose national kennel club follows SV (Germany) breeding rules then GSDCP will allow registration of the litter ONLY If the breeding was done according to SV (Germany) breeding rules which GSDCP follows. In that case Breeding age for females is minimum 20 months and males minimum 24 months. In some countries minimum age of breeding is not a factor. In that case An FCI Export Pedigree along with valid stud certificate will be needed for registration of the litter.
12. If a mated Labrador female is imported from a country whose national kennel club follows Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI) breeding rules then KCP will allow registration of the litter ONLY If the breeding was done according to Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI) rules which KCP follows. Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI) member countries have varying minimum breeding ages regarding Labradors which may differ from KCP rules regarding Labrador breeding. KCP will respect breeding rules of all member countries. In some countries minimum age of breeding is not a factor. In that case an “FCI Export Pedigree” along with valid “Stud Certificate” will be needed for registration of the litter.
13. Litter whelped by a female in Pakistan which was imported ‘Mated And Pregnant’ will be registered by KCP because Pedigrees are always issued by the Kennel Club of the country where the bitch whelps.
14. ZTP cleared by an imported dog under any FCI recognised club is good enough in Pakistan after import. A valid ZTP clearance certificate will have to be produced by the importer in that case.
15. Most of the dogs which are imported are Microchipped. But that is not a must. Although, a dog must be Microchipped for international travel, but if the dog has to spend rest of his life in the importing country then Microchip is not a MUST. In other words we can say that one way travel is possible even with out a Microchip.
16. Authenticity of registration regarding any imported pedigreed dog can be checked from KCP or GSDCP offices. Buyers shall MUST verify all details from trusted sources before buying any imported pedigreed dog.
17. All imported GSDs with Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI) affiliated pedigrees, can be entered in KCP/GSDCP shows for a period of six months. But such German Shepherds cannot be used for breeding without KCP registration.
Note: This is not an official website of KCP. This information is shared here just for user reference. KCP is the final authority about any information related to KCP and its affairs. Please refer to KCP’s web portal for official rules and regulations.